- Pour a minimum of 5 quarts of beverage in lower reservoir and turn switch to on. The fountain must be placed on a level surface to work properly.
- Beverage fountains are designed to circulate clear beverages. Use of beverages with pulp, seeds, fruit, rind, etc. will restrict the flow of beverage and will give unsatisfactory results. Use of ice cream or other foamy punches will also restrict flow of beverage. If beverage has pulp, seeds, etc. you must run the beverage thru cheesecloth before placing in fountain.
- To chill a beverage, use chunks of ice in the bowl, or pre-cool beverage to at least 36 degrees before adding to the fountain.
- When using carbonated beverages, please note that carbonation will dissipate after 10-20 minutes of recirculation in the fountain. It is advisable to add carbonated beverage to the fountain from time to time.
- NEVER ALLOW FOUNTAIN TO RUN DRY. MAKE SURE FOUNTAIN HAS PLENTY OF BEVERAGE. IF BEVERAGE BECOMES LOW, TURN FOUNTAIN OFF IMMEDIATELY.
- To clean fountain, pour warm water into bottom reservoir, turn switch on, and allow water to run through for 3-5 minutes. DO NOT USE SOAP, DO NOT IMMERSE BASE OF FOUNTAIN IN WATER, AND DO NOT USE SCOURING PADS OR ANY TYPE OF ABRASIVE FOR CLEANING.
NEVER operate this pump dry. This pump is fitted with a mechanical shaft seal, which must always have a supply of water or beverage for cooling and lubrication when running.
DO NOT TAKE FOUNTAIN APART!